Please read the proposed changes and bring your voice to the next Intergroup meeting (11:35 Saturday, 2/8) or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.
Every year OA members communicate to the WSO representative the topics they want discussed at the World Service Business Conference in New Mexico.
We are not voting for or against the suggestions, just yes or no, these should be discussed.Thanks
Highlights from Susan, our World Service Business Conference representative
1. To revert to the earlier version of the Statement on Abstinence and Recovery
2. Making July the month of OA service (we now have dates on abstinence, unity and sponsorship)
3. Defining a hybrid meeting
4. Adding the tool of “pause”
5. Adding the tool of “spiritual awareness”
6. Clarifying the dates for the special events (OA Birthday, Unity Day, Sponsorship Day, IDEA day)
7. Allow virtual attendance by visitors to WSBC in 2021
8. When updating and developing new literature, take into account all groups (LGBTQ2, people of color, anorexics, men, non-native speakers, etc)
9. Changing wording “Overeaters Anonymous is a Fellowship of individuals who through shared experience, strength and hope are recovering from compulsive overeating,under eating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating or overexercising…”
10. Changes to Trustees to include at least 2 trustees from outside North America and qualifications