The OA Resources document has great tips for doing on line and zoom meetings and OA literature for meetings to assist you with shelter at home meetings.
When physical gathering and interaction are unavailable, here are some resources:
Virtual meetings in the Piedmont Intergroup*:
*For Zoom meetings:
Go to http://www.zoom.us/join
Download the app for your iPhone or iPad here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
Or download the app for your Android device here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings&hl=en_US
Conference call guidelines
– Mute your phones
– Stay muted when reciting collective readings
– Try to minimize background noise, even when muted
OA Find A Meeting –
- Online https://oa.org/find-a-meeting/?type=1
- Telephone https://oa.org/find-a-meeting/?type=2
- Recorded https://oa.org/find-a-meeting/?type=5
Here are some PDF copies of common readings – these can be downloaded to your phone or computer.
- Suggested Meeting Format – https://oa.org/app/uploads/2019/12/Sug_Mtg.pdf
- OA Preamble – https://oa.org/app/uploads/2019/12/Preamble-1.pdf
- Twelve Steps – https://oa.org/working-the-program/twelve-steps/
- Twelve Traditions – https://oa.org/working-the-program/twelve-traditions/
- Tools of Recovery – https://oa.org/working-the-program/tools-of-recovery/
- Our Invitation to You – https://oa.org/app/uploads/2019/12/our_invitation_to_you.pdf
- OA / AA Prayers – https://oa.org/working-the-program/prayers-meditation-2/
- List of OA Approved Literature – https://oa.org/app/uploads/2019/12/OA-Approved-Literature-List-2019.pdf
Most OA literature is available in electronic format, and the prices are often less than you would pay for hard copies. Here are some suggested readings/materials and how to get them:
|OA 12/12||OA 12/12 Workbook|
|For Today||Voices of Recovery|
|AA Big Book||AA 12/12|
|Abstinence||Overeater’s Anonymous, 3rd Ed|
|Beyond Our Wildest Dreams||Lifeline Sampler|
For iOS devices* (iPhone / iPad), go to the iBooks app and search “Overeaters Anonymous” – all these titles will show in the results set and have an option to buy.
*For iOS devices, you must first download and/or install the iBooks App – go to the iOS app store or access this link FROM YOUR iPhone or iPad: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-books/id364709193
Unfortunately, I am not an Android user, so I am not AS confident when advising about those devices. But I would assume that for Google / Android devices, you can go to the Google Play store and follow the same procedures.
If you prefer hard copies, OA Literature can also be purchased for delivery from the OA Website at OA Bookstore – https://bookstore.oa.org/. The bookstore often has PDF download options as well.
Once you have accessed the bookstore link, there should be a search box in the upper right-hand corner, and you can search for titles. Common books are listed above in e-Literature, and here is a list of common / popular OA pamphlets:
Common / Popular OA Pamphlets
- Where Do I Start? (Newcomer Packet) – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=044B7B5DE2EC44E6BCA2BE41594DBA5B
- Welcome Back, Suggestions for Members in Relapse – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=AF9F06950D774B249D04247B1C0EC5A5
- 15 Questions – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=B1D604881FFA419798A5F1954D9FD795
- Tools of Recovery – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=8A195E9014F14F40BDB733B91A48ABD8
- A Guide for Sponsors – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=BFC0A802D0BE419986BBC4C1DEF8BE64
- OA Promise Wallet Card – https://bookstore.oa.org/pc_product_detail.asp?key=995F73A3F26C4CC9A475D9DF71632E42
OA WEBSITE RESOURCES
- OA Website – https://oa.org
- OA Document Library – https://oa.org/document-library/
- Piedmont Intergroup – http://piedmontintergroup.org/
“According to our Seventh Tradition, we are fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.” You can still support the work and mission of OA by contributing at https://oa.org/contribute/
WE CARE OPTIONS
At most face-to-face meetings, there is a “We Care” book passed around, in which meeting attendees can share information such as names, telephone numbers, email addresses, and “thoughts for the day.” In the absence of this option, many virtual and phone meeting attendees have just been asking members if they would be comfortable sharing their information within the call or video conference.